Saturday, July 28, 2012

One for Ramadhan

In world where a woman's value seem focused on her sexual charm, you don't need to go far to see that the combination of woman and sex are everywhere. The world has been painted a picture of how a perfect woman should look like or how they should act. I think I've done pretty good in avoiding society's demands of having women look a certain way.

Year after year, I see more friends and acquaintances bring their selves closer to God and donning the hijab.
Alhamdulillah for them. In my humble opinion, society nowadays are more open to women who wears the hijab. They are more respectful of women in hijab in the corporate world. Young women now are more comfortable being amongst society - mainly because of the fact that young women today are more experimental of how they can cover their aurah and still be fashionable. However, nowadays, most if not all choose the headcover for religious reasons, others for culture or even fashion.


There was a time that I seriously considered doing so as well, but I wanted to make sure that I was really ready for it. But really, if you think about it, put aside thoughts of going to the beach in a bikini, or praying 5 times a day. You can cleanse yourself after you start wearing the hijab, permanently. My concern is that donning the hijab is one thing, but practising Islam in its rightful manner is another; I fail to perform my prayers 5 times a day. I wanted to "cleanse" myself first before I wear the hijab. I feel that I would be a traitor if I put on a hijab but I know that I am not a good Muslim. 


But the fact is, it's compulsory for every Muslim women to cover their aurah..

InsyaAllah, I will come to that 5 points; Surrender, Submission, Obedience, Sincerity and Peace.


For now, I refuse to be among those people that just because Ramadhan is here, they pretend to be a better Muslim. May Allah forgive me for my sins, ignorance, arrogance, for being ungrateful and impatient.


Allah, give me Hidayah.. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment